ASA Divisional Meet at Georgia Tech Aquatic Center!
Thursday June 28th 9:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
This year, Village Mill swimmers will sit in the stands. The order of events is different at the Divisional Meet. The 6 & Under individual events and free relays are held out of order. The order of events is as follows: 6&U Free Relay, All Medley Relays, 6&U Free individual events (#13 & #14), All Free Relays, 6 & Under Back (#35 & #36), 7/8 Free individual events.
This is an optional meet – but it is a fun meet that lets our swimmers compete against other Dunwoody clubs. Village Mill pays the entry fee for everyone that wants to participate (if they register on time) and it is open to anyone that wants to compete.
Each swimmer is allowed to select 2 individual events and may swim in up to 2 relays. Coaches will determine the relays based on who is available in each age group. The deadline for signing up is Thursday, June 21st at noon. After June 21st, late registrations will be accepted, but you will be required to pay for entry fees for each swimmer of $20/swimmer and $40/relay. Contact Coach Alliei if you haven't registered but would like to swim.
It's a great opportunity to participate in a first-class swim meet at an Olympic venue. If your child signs up, you must be willing to work for 1/2 the meet if asked. We have to provide volunteers for this event.
All Divisional swimmers are invited to a pre-meet pasta dinner catered by Maggiano's on Wednesday, June 27th 5:30 p.m. at the pool.
Teams are required to provide a "scratch list" of swimmers who participate on Thursday who are NOT available to swim on Saturday in the Championship meet if the swimmer qualifies. If your swimmer is NOT available on Saturday, please add his or her name to the "Scratch List" by emailing Coach Allie @ firstname.lastname@example.org.
ASA combines results from 7 divisional meets and the top swimmers are invited to participate in Championships on Saturday. The qualifications for Championships are as follows:
- Top 10 Relays
- Top 50 times for 10 & under individual events
- Top 40 times for 11 & over individual events
Wednesday, June 27th - Practice Schedule & Pasta Dinner for Divisonal Swimmers ONLY
5:30 p.m. Light Practice and Pasta Dinner at the Pavilion for Divisional Swimmers
6:00 p.m. Meeting for Parents of Divisional Swimmers
Warm Up Information & Reminders
- Swimmers can warm up from 7:30-7:50 a.m. and must be supervised by a coach. All swimmers must enter the water feet first in lanes 2-9 and may NOT use the blocks in those lanes. Lanes 1 and 10 are for 1-way sprints and swimmers may use blocks in those lanes. Teams not following these rules will not be allowed to warm up.
- Parents of 10&U swimmers, tell your child to make sure he or she tell a coach when a bathroom break is needed. We will use the buddy system!
- Since swimmers will be on the deck and parents will be in the stands, please make a plan about where and when you will meet your child. If your swimmer is going to sit in the stands after he or she finishes individual events, please let the coaches know.
- If you have suggestions or feedback about participating in this meet, please share it with either Katie Moussouri, Beth Scarbrough, or Amanda McCaskill after the event. If you have issues you would like to discuss with a coach, please wait until after the meet. They will be busy all morning.
Saturday, June 30 11 a.m. or 4:00 p.m.
This session is for the overall top 10 relay times, top 40 10 and under individual times, and top 30 11 and over individual times from the all of the divisional meets.
For Finals Only
Warm ups for Sunday finals ONLY at Tech will be offered. All warm ups must be supervised by a coach. Lanes 1 and 10 are for one way sprints ONLY, all other lanes are feet first entry ONLY. Teams failing to follow these rules will not be allowed to warm up.